Every child deserves to feel special at Christmas
Even the small things are so gratefully received.
Before Covid-19 hit and we were hit with travel restrictions, the Little Edi Foundation ran the Christmas shoebox project, We worked with local schools, nurseries, community groups and some very hardworking friends, to wrap, pack and send 1800 shoeboxes out to the poorest children in rural Moldova.
All the boxes were beautifully wrapped by hand, 1800 toiletry bags were sewn, all toys etc were collected and then boxes were filled, age and gender appropriate, so the children felt they were made especially for them.
They were then sent out to Moldova to be personally handed out to each child by our LEF Dream Team at no cost to the Charity.
In the box...
- Toiletry Bag – shampoo, soap, toothbrush and toothpaste etc
- Small Toys – cars, tennis ball, bubbles, pocket games etc
- Clothing – hats, gloves, socks, scarves etc
- Stationery – pens, pencils, colouring pads, notebooks etc
- Accessories – jewellery hairbands, hairbrushes, make-up etc